reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Oct 24, 2007

retraction

Some of you may have read the post I had up briefly yesterday, which listed things in the Faroe Islands that have surprised me in my first weeks of living here. It is the cause of my first Blog Retraction. It was meant to be humorous, but it was not well-researched and was easily misunderstood. I have revised the list.
  • Slugs
  • Higher taxes than I am used to (which are under no circumstances paid to the Danish government)
  • Shifty winds that blow my skirt up when I am walking

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Miller said...

Wow...crazy taxes!!! I would suggest having a salt shaker with you at all times.

10/24/07, 2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solution for the skirt: wear those sensible Faroese slacks! (Or not - you've got the legs for it.) Loved both lists. - Pat

10/26/07, 3:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben and abby this is brad dry and i hope all is well with you two lovely people.

10/26/07, 6:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home