reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Feb 7, 2008

the proof is in the web

Today Ben discovered some press on Norðoya Sparikassi's newest employee. You can even peruse my mini-autobiography if you read Faroese. Click here to discover the magic. There are a hundred anecdotes from my first four days of work, but after six hours of sorting old bills to be sent to the National Bank for disposal, the headache and paper cuts have dampened my enthusiasm for typing them out. I do have energy, however, for one of the shortest. Co-worker to me: "Phrase in Faroese that sounds like 'Are you fine?'" Me: "Yeah!" (With enthusiasm.) Co-worker: "What I said is, 'You look nice.'" -a

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Miller said...

I like your darker hair! :)

2/7/08, 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

Abby Lynn Kirkbride,

Props to your necklace a la Leh, and to my untrained eye, you look local with that hair cut and color. No wonder everyone wants to speak to you in Faroese.

2/8/08, 12:18 AM

 
Blogger Eden said...

laughing.

and oh my gosh, you're on their web site.

2/8/08, 1:58 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hjartaliga tillukku við føðingardegnum, mrs blaðfólk og sparikassafólk :)

2/8/08, 4:51 PM

 
Blogger Monica said...

I really really like your hair! It's a shame that I wasn't the one to do it.

2/10/08, 3:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home