reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Jan 4, 2008

details : feature 1

This is the first installment in what I plan to be a frequent feature on our blog: posts dedicated to design that solves problems, making daily life more functional and more beautiful. Scandinavia is rife with examples, and I am excited to start making people on the street uncomfortable as I ask to photograph their shoes and eye glasses.
feature 1 : The Faroese Phonebook
I wish the United States would take a clue from this svelte phonebook and drop its ubiquitous garish yellow design for something a little more comfortable to live with. The cover's matte finish, jewel tone tabs and clean font make it an object that doesn't scream to be hidden in the kitchen cabinet.
-a

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

hmmm, photographing people's fashionable glasses and shoes and posting them on your blog . . . you should take pictures of them if they have stylish hair, too. i've heard you can meet stylish people at the youth meetings.

1/4/08, 1:54 AM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

btw, do you want a better picture of my glasses?

1/4/08, 2:02 AM

 
Blogger Devi said...

Love that phonebook. It looks like something out of an IKEA catalogue (and I love my IKEA).

1/4/08, 11:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home