reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Feb 12, 2008

the new mac/me

Name: Abby Kirkbride
Sign: Aquarius Music to Feel: David Bowie. He really captures what it's like to be in an alien environment, and there are good colors to his music. Current Read: "Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut. Design Trend That Needs to Go: Antlers in chandeliers. Things I Cannot Live Without: Eggplant, the color "mustard", scarves. Computer of Choice: Macbook. Write it. Blog it. Love it.
(I am trying to be ironical and self-effacing about the Mac ethos of "designer-cool", but I have been told this blog doesn't make sense. So it goes.)
-a

3 Comments:

Blogger megarber said...

I can tell by your face that you love it!

2/12/08, 8:07 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

Ok, what I said was that the tongue-in-cheek thing doesn't work because Abby and Ben actually are about the coolest people most of their friends and acquaintances know. She really is reading "Slaughterhouse-Five" and really does like chartreuse things too much and lives in Scandinavia and has chic tea and coffee pots. So that's why the "everyone assumes I'm frumpy so they'll see the irony of Mac making me cool" confused me.

2/13/08, 12:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I see what Hannah's saying. A Mac may be only part of what makes you cool Abby, as so many other aspects of you make me feel ancient. Although, I am up past 8:30 watching my third trailer in a row for "Be Kind, Rewind" on IFC, while waiting for Mansfield Park to start. (I'm trying to grade for conferences.)

Anyway, Abby Lynn, you are impossibly cool for anyone from Chugwater.

2/13/08, 4:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home