reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Jan 16, 2008

the good times are killing me (it's a song title)

Ben has gone away for the afternoon to take photographs of a local fisherman at work, leaving me with my daytime drama television (currently an Australian series called "Mcleod's Daughters"), knitting, visiting other ladies of leisure (though not so leisurely as me) and tea drinking. But that is all coming to an end, at least from the hours of 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Last week I got a job. Starting on February 1st I will be working at Norðoya Sparikassi, a local bank. Initially my job will be to count money and enter data for electronic transfers. The job is on a two-month trial period, with its continuation relying on criteria that is a little vague. I think it is probably a combination of my cheeriness, timeliness and ability to learn Faroese quickly. I am just glad to get a chance to work. In less than two weeks I will be out in the community, blasting away with my toddler's Faroese and earning a living wage. -a

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

First of all, I hurt my right shoulder running the head catch.

So zip it.

Secondly, we watched McLeod's Daughters every Wednesday at the Crittendens (it's Primetime, not Daytime, tell yourself that). Everybody under 10 had to be ready for bed by 7:30 on those nights.

Last season was high Alex and Stevie drama. Do you know not a single daughter of McLeod is still on the show?

1/16/08, 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Devi said...

I can't believe you're watching McLeods.. Incredible. It made it over to the Faroes. Do they have Neighbours too? (DON'T WATCH IT.)

Congratulations on the job.

1/17/08, 8:39 PM

 
Blogger Tracie Faust said...

this is the worst news ever. i was hoping to sip tea with you for hours on end upon my arrival. however, i will assume the duties as house wife with no complaints.

1/17/08, 10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home