reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Mar 30, 2008

ch ch ch ch changes

Over the next two weeks I will be making changes to our blog, both visual and textual. Since we first posted about six months ago our ideas about what sort of forum this should be have constantly evolved, and we are ready for another phase. (Don't worry--my insightful commentary and Ben's pretty photographs aren't going anywhere.) The first thing on the chopping block was our former banner. It optimistically listed the best of our passions in life: faith.photography.sustainability.design.cultures.life. Each of those elements play a part in our direction, conversation and thought life, but it seemed a touch pretentious considering what it might actually have read is: "what book comes after romans again.the new york times won't return ben's phone calls.i can't remember to recycle our plastic bottles.good design is an excuse for me to buy things i do not need.we ate at mcdonald's in rome.we are 23-years-old and what do we know." So now we are back to the basics, the three "R's" of education, just trying to read, write, and figure out what is next. Hopefully whatever changes we implement will more honestly, but still optimistically, reflect our trajectory and what holds our thoughts during these rainy Faroese days. -a

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracie Faust said...

this is the best post ever hahahaha...loved it...and you know i approve.

but really? mcdonalds in rome?

FUNNY.

3/30/08, 7:11 PM

 
Blogger Tracie Faust said...

TESTY TRACIE!?!!?!?!?!

not terrific tracie? not tyrannosaurus tracie? totally tracie?

you guys are jerks.

and i love you.

3/30/08, 9:31 PM

 
Blogger linda said...

oh abby, i read this aloud to nat, we giggled, and i marveled at how much i still want to be like you guys.

3/31/08, 5:40 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Very fun--and truly, isn't life about readin', writin', and 'rithmatic? Mark and I will also admit to eating at McDonald's in London, but we were there for the Cadbury egg McFlurries. (I did eat a hamburger while in London, but don't tell my dad, as it was during a Mad Cow scare.)

3/31/08, 2:16 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You don't happen to have... oh, i don't know... some of your wedding invites lying around in Europe or in Siloam somewhere?

Portfolio stuff, of course.

3/31/08, 10:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you will be shocked to think that your Mother is actually leaving a comment. I am not as witty as your contempories but probably love you even more. I am updating Dad's and my blog too and Hannah even changed it to aqua and cherry red. That should keep my family amused. changes all around Love you- Mother

3/31/08, 11:06 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Umm, sure, Abby. I don't know if my blog is cool enough to be linked to, but you're welcome to do it. And just so you know, I've been a silent reader of yours since dani told me about it.

4/4/08, 4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home