reading. riting. 'rithmetic.

Mar 2, 2008

some disassociated thoughts

  • In the Faroe Islands official signatures must be written with blue ink. In the United States black is the signature-standard.
  • I have been asked to remove this note. Refer your objections to HEK@gmail.com.
  • This weekend I started knitting my most ambitious project yet, a cardigan out of gray Faroese wool. I am working without a pattern, so it will be seen if my fledgling designer inclinations are anything more than fancy.
  • Ben and I have spent the last two days at a church retreat with other Klaksvík youth. We partook in the three meals and three snack breaks per day with zest and enjoyed the chance to cultivate our budding friendships.
  • We are going to Italy for Easter to visit Ben's sister, brother-in-law and much loved nephew. "Hip hip hooray!" for credit card debt and Heidi "Big Sister" Guttesen's cooking.
-a

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah mentioned the cardigan--way to go! I am slowly working my way to sweaters, but I'm patiently growing my skills as a knitter.

I was reading a book of folk shawl patterns, and there were three from the Faroes, so of course, I thought of you.

3/3/08, 6:26 PM

 
Blogger Tracie Faust said...

so you DO get to go! im glad, i didnt want you to be bitter for the rest of your life...

and yes, hannah's post was very nice :)

3/4/08, 3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home